Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kisses of sugar and light



I woke up this morning feeling incredibly refreshed. None of the usual morning grogginess that comes with waking up too early after going to bed too late the night before. No cottonmouth taste in my mouth, reminiscent of the beer and pot roast I ate last night. What I woke up to was pressure. Namely, the pressure of a gorgeous naked woman on top of me, kissing me awake. Not insistently, not excitedly, but slowly and deliberately, tasting of sugar and the morning sunlight. What a wonderful way to greet the day.



And then, like always, it turned to shit. Her anal retentive need to micro-manage every single detail of my day and my refusal to meet those demands brought her rage crashing down on me. "Morning honey!" turned to "You need to listen to me." then further rotted to "If you're not going to stick to my plan, I'm leaving. I might see you later."
We are very different people. I become extroverted and outward when I get angry, attacking the issue that infuriates me head on ("Why do you have to draw up a schedule for every little thing I'm going to do today?"); she draws inward and snipes at my weaknesses, refusing to be forthcoming and instead sidling around with passive-agressive quips and comments ("Well you know you're incapable of following through on a plan unless you've got a list. I'm just trying to help you, you have no right to get mad at me for that.").

Now she's gone, supposedly to the store. But she has my money and the car, so who knows? Honestly, I'm so mad right now I don't give shit. She pushed my buttons to the point where I told her she was welcome to get the fuck out of the house, and to take her time getting back. *Shrugs*

God, I need a drink...

No comments: